Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon September 24, 2012
Army Corps Reduces Barkley Lock Hours
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers plans to reduce operating hours at the Barkley Navigation Lock to save money. The Corps announced Monday it will go from a 24 hour to a 20 hour a day operation, starting Jan. 7, 2013.
The lock will close from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. Corps officials hope the change will free up more funding for maintenance costs. Two other locks on the Tennessee River will also operate on reduced hours.