Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon September 24, 2012
Army Corps Reduces Barkley Lock Hours
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers plans to reduce operating hours at the Barkley Navigation Lock to save money. The Corps announced Monday it will go from a 24 hour to a 20 hour a day operation, starting Jan. 7, 2013.
The lock will close from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. Corps officials hope the change will free up more funding for maintenance costs. Two other locks on the Tennessee River will also operate on reduced hours.