Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon September 24, 2012
Army Corps Reduces Barkley Lock Hours
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers plans to reduce operating hours at the Barkley Navigation Lock to save money. The Corps announced Monday it will go from a 24 hour to a 20 hour a day operation, starting Jan. 7, 2013.
The lock will close from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. Corps officials hope the change will free up more funding for maintenance costs. Two other locks on the Tennessee River will also operate on reduced hours.