Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu December 20, 2012
Armstrong Named National Black Caucus of State Legislators President
Democratic Tennessee State Rep. Joe Armstrong has been selected to be the president of the National Black Caucus of State Legislators for the next two years. Other Democratic Tennessee House members will also have leadership positions. Brenda Gilmore and Johnny Shaw are to serve as executive committee members at-large. Rep. Karen Camper will continue as Region IV chair for Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
The NBCSL develops and promotes educational, research and training programs that help African-American lawmakers be more effective when introducing legislation.