Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon October 22, 2012
Area Code Meeting in Henderson
West Kentucky residents have a chance today to give their opinions on a new area code that will be needed in the region during a meeting in Henderson. The Kentucky Public Service Commission is holding meetings in several cities on the issue prior to its implementation in early 2014. The PSC says area code 364 could be applied as an overlay, meaning it would be used in all of western Kentucky in addition to the existing 270 area code. The other option would divide western Kentucky and assign either area code to specific areas. The meeting is at 6 p.m. at the University of Kentucky Extension Service. Other meetings are Wednesday in Owensboro, October 29th in Bowling Green and the 30th in Elizabethtown.