Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 9, 2012
Area Code Change to Be Discussed
The Kentucky Public Service Commission will hold a series of public meetings across the 270 area code to discuss creating a new one for all or part of western Kentucky. The commission has scheduled six meetings throughout October. Area code 270 is expected to run out of available numbers by the beginning of 2014. The PSC is considering an overlay of a second area code as well as a split assigning the area code 364 to part of the 270 territory. Meetings will be held in Hopkinsville on Oct. 17, Paducah on Oct. 18, Henderson on Oct. 22, Owensboro on Oct. 24, Bowling Green on Oct. 29 and Elizabethtown on Oct. 30.