Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed December 16, 2009
AQS Show in Paducah for 5 More Years
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The American Quilter's Society Show will be a mainstay in Paducah for the next five years. President Meredith Schroeder made the public commitment yesterday's at the City Commission meeting. She cited the city's decision to purchase a portable pavilion that will replace space for vendors once hosted in the closed Executive Inn. The pavilion will cost the city over $800,000 and can be used for other events as well. The show has been a staple of Paducah tourism for a quarter of a century now; an industry the city relies on financially sustaining some 3,000 jobs and bringing in over $200 million annually.