Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed December 16, 2009
AQS Show in Paducah for 5 More Years
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The American Quilter's Society Show will be a mainstay in Paducah for the next five years. President Meredith Schroeder made the public commitment yesterday's at the City Commission meeting. She cited the city's decision to purchase a portable pavilion that will replace space for vendors once hosted in the closed Executive Inn. The pavilion will cost the city over $800,000 and can be used for other events as well. The show has been a staple of Paducah tourism for a quarter of a century now; an industry the city relies on financially sustaining some 3,000 jobs and bringing in over $200 million annually.