Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri January 3, 2014
APSU's Tim Hall Accepts Presidency at Mercy College
Austin Peay State University’s President Tim Hall announced Thursday that he has accepted the position of president at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, New York.
In the release, Hall indicated that the decision to leave was not easy, but he thought it was time for a transition.
“Lee and I will be departing Austin Peay at the end of the spring semester as I assume the position of president of Mercy College in New York,” Hall wrote. “We do so with excitement and anticipation at the prospect of new challenges, but with a measure of sadness that we will be leaving a place where we have enjoyed some of the happiest years of our lives.” During his seven-year tenure, Hall oversaw significant transformation through enrollment growth, facility additions and performance making Austin Peay the fastest growing university in the state. The Tennessee Board of Regents plans to assemble a search committee soon, with the expectation to select a new president by July 1st, 2014.