Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon December 15, 2008
APSU Receives Grant
By Austin Carter
Clarksville, TN – The state of Tennessee is giving Austin Peay State University a $6.4 million grant to develop a chemical engineering technology program. The award comes in response to Monday's announcement that Michigan-based Hemlock Semiconductor Corporation (HSC) will expand operations to Clarksville. The solar cell technology manufacturer's initial investment totals $1.2 billion. APSU will use the state grant to develop an associate degree program to train students for the plant's specialized jobs. The factory is expected to create 500 to 800 positions.