Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu October 18, 2012
APSU to Hold Second Walk to Afghanistan Project
The Clarksville, Tenn., Mayor’s Fitness Council joins Austin Peay State University’s second Walk to Afghanistan Project to honor deployed soldiers. Participants in the October 22 event, which include families of the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade, are encouraged to walk the distance from Clarksville to Afghanistan. That’s roughly 10,644 miles. Project organizers will hold other Walk to Afghanistan events during the coming months but suggest participants to schedule their own impromptu walking events. Participants can sign in for the October walk at the Governor’s stadium from 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m the day of the event.