Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed January 29, 2014
Applications Open For TN Supreme Court Seat
The Tennessee Governor's Commission for Judicial Appointments is now taking applications to fill an upcoming vacancy on the state Supreme Court.
Justice Bill Koch has announced he is retiring on July 15 to become dean of the Nashville School of Law. Candidates from Middle or West Tennessee can apply through February 21.
Koch has served on the state's highest court since 2007.
The panel is scheduled to interview qualified applicants on March 5 in Nashville and then present three finalists for Governor Bill Haslam to choose from.