Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Thu November 14, 2013
Andy Beshear Announces Bid for Kentucky Attorney General
Originally published on Thu November 14, 2013 10:55 am
Louisville attorney Andy Beshear, the son of Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear, announced he is running for attorney general in 2015.
The younger Beshear has been a rumored candidate for much of this year to succeed incumbent Jack Conway, who is term-limited.
Andy Beshear launched his campaign website on Thursday, and filed paperwork to run as a Democrat. He is the first candidate to declare his intentions two years ahead of the election.
"As an attorney, I have worked hard to ensure that my clients receive the justice they seek and deserve in the court of law," Beshear said in a message to supporters. "Today my family and I have decided to take the skills I have learned in fighting for Kentucky communities, businesses both small and large, and community organizations to fighting for all of the people of this great Commonwealth."
Beshear's father served as attorney general from 1979 to 1983. Andy Beshear works at the law firm Stites & Harbison in Louisville, and currently represents builders of the Bluegrass Pipeline.