Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Mon March 18, 2013
All Animals Safe After Christian County Shelter Fire Extinguished
A fire damaged the Christian County Animal Shelter Monday morning. The county’s Emergency Management Director Randy Graham says all of the animals survived the fire. He also says there is some structural damage to one wing and the offices in the building.
The Christian County Humane Society has posted online that the rescued animals are able to stay at the animal shelter and that no foster homes are needed.
The animal shelter will be closed this week. The fire’s cause has yet to be determined.