Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon March 18, 2013
All Animals Safe After Christian County Shelter Fire Extinguished
A fire damaged the Christian County Animal Shelter Monday morning. The county’s Emergency Management Director Randy Graham says all of the animals survived the fire. He also says there is some structural damage to one wing and the offices in the building.
The Christian County Humane Society has posted online that the rescued animals are able to stay at the animal shelter and that no foster homes are needed.
The animal shelter will be closed this week. The fire’s cause has yet to be determined.