Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon March 18, 2013
All Animals Safe After Christian County Shelter Fire Extinguished
A fire damaged the Christian County Animal Shelter Monday morning. The county’s Emergency Management Director Randy Graham says all of the animals survived the fire. He also says there is some structural damage to one wing and the offices in the building.
The Christian County Humane Society has posted online that the rescued animals are able to stay at the animal shelter and that no foster homes are needed.
The animal shelter will be closed this week. The fire’s cause has yet to be determined.