Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri February 22, 2013
Alexander Plans to Delay Army Corps of Engineers
U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee is promising to delay the Army Corps of Engineers from restricting access near Cumberland River dams and says he might even restrict their funds. Alexander is the senior Republican on the Senate Appropriations Committee's Subcommittee on Energy and Water, which has jurisdiction over the Corps.
Tennessee and Kentucky anglers say dams are popular fishing spots because bait fish get trapped and attract larger fish that make for a good catch. But Corps officials say boating too close to the spillways is a safety risk. The Corps is planning to put barriers that would prevent fisherman from getting too close to the dams later this year.