Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu December 12, 2013
Alexander Chief Of Staff Arrested For Child Pornography Charges
Federal authorities say the fired chief of staff for Republican Tennessee Senator Lamar Alexander is expected in federal court, a day after the aide's arrest on probable cause for possession and distribution of child pornography charges.
Ryan Loskarn had worked up to increasingly important posts in the U.S. House and Senate over a decade.
Messages left for Loskarn were not immediately returned.
Alexander, a former Tennessee governor and past U.S. Secretary of Education, said yesterday that he was "stunned, surprised and disappointed" by the allegations.
Court documents were under seal, so few investigative details have emerged.