Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu May 14, 2009
Agreement Reached on Browning Titles
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – Dealership and Bank officials have reached an agreement to pay for titles and fees sold from the former Hopkins County Browning Chevrolet. The Madisonville Messenger reports the dealership closed in April without providing seventy customers who had purchased cars with titles. Commonwealth's Attorney David Massamore says Browning has agreed to pay thirty thousand dollars toward the title fees. Fifth Third Bancorp, which seized Browning's accounts after its closure, will pay forty thousand. Massamore says after the money reaches the county clerk, customers can begin receiving their titles.