Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Thu August 9, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/9/12
Today on NPR: The U.S. government has been tightening the screws on Americans who hide money in offshore accounts, putting pressure on overseas banks, and joining forces with European and Japanese regulators.
Four River Region:
- Missouri’s emergency cost-share program has approved over 3,700 farmer applications for urgent relief during this summer’s drought.
- Prisoners at the Tamms Correctional Center in southern Illinois will remain at the facility until Corrections Department union employees have a say in the closure process.
- Kentucky Republicans are ramping up their campaign to take control of the state house in this year's elections.
- Kentucky is number one on a list of the states with the most toxic air pollution from power plants.