Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 9, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/9/12
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Today on NPR: The U.S. government has been tightening the screws on Americans who hide money in offshore accounts, putting pressure on overseas banks, and joining forces with European and Japanese regulators.
Four River Region:
- Missouri’s emergency cost-share program has approved over 3,700 farmer applications for urgent relief during this summer’s drought.
- Prisoners at the Tamms Correctional Center in southern Illinois will remain at the facility until Corrections Department union employees have a say in the closure process.
- Kentucky Republicans are ramping up their campaign to take control of the state house in this year's elections.
- Kentucky is number one on a list of the states with the most toxic air pollution from power plants.