Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon August 27, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/27/12
Today on NPR: Women in Afghanistan are, in general, better off today than when the Taliban ruled. But activists say there has been backsliding on the gains of the past decade.
Around the Commonwealth:
- The schedule shuffling at this year's Republican National Convention won't cost any Kentucky politicians their speaking slots.
- ESPN has ranked the Murray State men’s basketball 28th in the top 50 basketball programs in the last half century.
- The National Park Service has appointed a new superintendent for Mammoth Cave National Park, near Bowling Green.
- One of Kentucky's two Democratic Congressmen believes his party has a good shot at unseating U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell in 2014.