Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon August 27, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/27/12
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Today on NPR: Women in Afghanistan are, in general, better off today than when the Taliban ruled. But activists say there has been backsliding on the gains of the past decade.
Around the Commonwealth:
- The schedule shuffling at this year's Republican National Convention won't cost any Kentucky politicians their speaking slots.
- ESPN has ranked the Murray State men’s basketball 28th in the top 50 basketball programs in the last half century.
- The National Park Service has appointed a new superintendent for Mammoth Cave National Park, near Bowling Green.
- One of Kentucky's two Democratic Congressmen believes his party has a good shot at unseating U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell in 2014.