Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri February 24, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/24/12
Cops & Toddlers:
A Clarksville man is detained in Montgomery County Jail on false report charges after he allegedly posted a Craigslist ad for a baby for sale.
A Madisonville church maintenance worker charged with 300 counts of possession of child pornography is in jail on a $10,000 dollar bond.
Local, State, National Legislation:
A group comprised of restaurant and resort owners in Marshall County is making a push to allow the sale of alcohol in the county.
Lawmakers approved new lines for state House and Senate districts earlier this year. But the Kentucky Supreme Court declared them unconstitutional, citing a precedent that districts can't be more than five percent larger or smaller than their ideal size.
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear is seeking federal highway funds through a disaster declaration to aid in restoring traffic across Kentucky Lake in Marshall County.
Scott Ellison here, with the FLW weekly fishing report.