Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri February 24, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/24/12
Cops & Toddlers:
A Clarksville man is detained in Montgomery County Jail on false report charges after he allegedly posted a Craigslist ad for a baby for sale.
A Madisonville church maintenance worker charged with 300 counts of possession of child pornography is in jail on a $10,000 dollar bond.
Local, State, National Legislation:
A group comprised of restaurant and resort owners in Marshall County is making a push to allow the sale of alcohol in the county.
Lawmakers approved new lines for state House and Senate districts earlier this year. But the Kentucky Supreme Court declared them unconstitutional, citing a precedent that districts can't be more than five percent larger or smaller than their ideal size.
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear is seeking federal highway funds through a disaster declaration to aid in restoring traffic across Kentucky Lake in Marshall County.
Scott Ellison here, with the FLW weekly fishing report.