Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed February 22, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/22/12
Local, State, Federal Legislation:
Last week, the South Fulton city commission passed the first reading of an ordinance that would allow the fire department to respond to rural fire calls.
Governor Steve Beshear's constitutional amendment to legalize casinos in Kentucky passed the Senate's State and Local Government committee 7-4 today.
A federal appeals court says the landmark 1998 national settlement between 46 states and 19 tobacco companies is valid and doesn't amount to a government conspiracy or anti-competitive behavior.
Kentucky High Schools:
A bill creating an alternative diploma for special needs students is one vote away from becoming law.
The Kentucky High School Athletics Association Commissioner says bass fishing will be a high school varsity sport next year.
Front Page Sneak Peek: