Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu March 28, 2013
Actress Ashley Judd Not Running For Senate
Actress Ashley Judd says she won't run for U.S. Senate in Kentucky against Republican Leader Mitch McConnell. Judd tweeted her announcement late yesterday afternoon. Judd had hinted last week that she was nearing a decision about the race. The former Kentucky resident now lives in suburban Nashville, Tennessee.
She has said little publicly about her intentions. However, she has been meeting with several Democratic leaders, including Governor Steve Beshear, to discuss a possible run. McConnell's seat is one of 14 Republicans are defending next year. Democrats are looking to hold onto 21.