Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu March 28, 2013
Actress Ashley Judd Not Running For Senate
Actress Ashley Judd says she won't run for U.S. Senate in Kentucky against Republican Leader Mitch McConnell. Judd tweeted her announcement late yesterday afternoon. Judd had hinted last week that she was nearing a decision about the race. The former Kentucky resident now lives in suburban Nashville, Tennessee.
She has said little publicly about her intentions. However, she has been meeting with several Democratic leaders, including Governor Steve Beshear, to discuss a possible run. McConnell's seat is one of 14 Republicans are defending next year. Democrats are looking to hold onto 21.