Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu March 28, 2013
Actress Ashley Judd Not Running For Senate
Actress Ashley Judd says she won't run for U.S. Senate in Kentucky against Republican Leader Mitch McConnell. Judd tweeted her announcement late yesterday afternoon. Judd had hinted last week that she was nearing a decision about the race. The former Kentucky resident now lives in suburban Nashville, Tennessee.
She has said little publicly about her intentions. However, she has been meeting with several Democratic leaders, including Governor Steve Beshear, to discuss a possible run. McConnell's seat is one of 14 Republicans are defending next year. Democrats are looking to hold onto 21.