Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Thu March 28, 2013
Actress Ashley Judd Not Running For Senate
Actress Ashley Judd says she won't run for U.S. Senate in Kentucky against Republican Leader Mitch McConnell. Judd tweeted her announcement late yesterday afternoon. Judd had hinted last week that she was nearing a decision about the race. The former Kentucky resident now lives in suburban Nashville, Tennessee.
She has said little publicly about her intentions. However, she has been meeting with several Democratic leaders, including Governor Steve Beshear, to discuss a possible run. McConnell's seat is one of 14 Republicans are defending next year. Democrats are looking to hold onto 21.