Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue July 21, 2009
Abramson to Be High Profile Part of Beshear Team
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says his newly named running mate in the 2011 election will play a high-profile role in his administration if he is elected to a second term.
Beshear spoke about Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson's accomplishments over 20 years at the helm of Kentucky's largest city, touting his accomplishments in the area of
economic development. Beshear says he chose Abramson as his running mate so he can do for smaller cities across the state what he has done for Louisville. Abramson appeared with Beshear at a news conference yesterday morning in Frankfort to officially announce their affiliation.
Beshear left open the possibility that Abramson could serve in a double role as lieutenant governor and cabinet secretary.