Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue July 21, 2009
Abramson to Be High Profile Part of Beshear Team
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says his newly named running mate in the 2011 election will play a high-profile role in his administration if he is elected to a second term.
Beshear spoke about Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson's accomplishments over 20 years at the helm of Kentucky's largest city, touting his accomplishments in the area of
economic development. Beshear says he chose Abramson as his running mate so he can do for smaller cities across the state what he has done for Louisville. Abramson appeared with Beshear at a news conference yesterday morning in Frankfort to officially announce their affiliation.
Beshear left open the possibility that Abramson could serve in a double role as lieutenant governor and cabinet secretary.