Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon October 14, 2013
ABC Cracking Down On Underage Drinking
Kentucky officials say a crackdown on underage drinking has resulted in dozens of citations being handed out.
The Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control's "Cops in Shops" program has given 154 alcohol-related citations since the effort started August 29. A total of 94 underage possession citations have been issued.
Other charges include possession of a forged instrument and assisting a minor to purchase alcohol.
ABC says it has also stepped up its presence at tailgating events to reduce illegal alcohol use.