Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon October 14, 2013
ABC Cracking Down On Underage Drinking
Kentucky officials say a crackdown on underage drinking has resulted in dozens of citations being handed out.
The Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control's "Cops in Shops" program has given 154 alcohol-related citations since the effort started August 29. A total of 94 underage possession citations have been issued.
Other charges include possession of a forged instrument and assisting a minor to purchase alcohol.
ABC says it has also stepped up its presence at tailgating events to reduce illegal alcohol use.