Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed October 28, 2009
ABC Busts Big Apple Poker Games
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – The Big Apple Caf in Murray faces misdemeanor charges for permitting gambling at its restaurant. Kentucky Alcohol Beverage Control investigators issued two citations Monday evening. The restaurant was hosting a weekly poker tournament, where players pay an entrance fee. ABC Staff Assistant Nathan Jones says he received a complaint and sent an undercover agent into the restaurant to investigate. Big Apple owners Kaycee Cooper and Boone Chambers were unavailable for comment. Chambers is also behind a push to allow package liquor sales in Murray.