Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed October 28, 2009
ABC Busts Big Apple Poker Games
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – The Big Apple Caf in Murray faces misdemeanor charges for permitting gambling at its restaurant. Kentucky Alcohol Beverage Control investigators issued two citations Monday evening. The restaurant was hosting a weekly poker tournament, where players pay an entrance fee. ABC Staff Assistant Nathan Jones says he received a complaint and sent an undercover agent into the restaurant to investigate. Big Apple owners Kaycee Cooper and Boone Chambers were unavailable for comment. Chambers is also behind a push to allow package liquor sales in Murray.