Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed December 11, 2013
7th District Election Leans To Republicans
Republican Suzanne Miles of Owensboro held a narrow lead last night over Democrat Kim Humphrey of Morganfield for state representative in western Kentucky's 7th District.
With all precincts reporting, Miles had 3,548 votes to Humphrey's 3,436.
Democratic Party Chairman Dan Logsdon said a recanvass will be requested. The winner will replace Democrat John Arnold of Sturgis.
In Fayette County Democrats have held on to a seat in the state Senate.
Democrat Reggie Thomas will replace former Democratic Senator Kathy Stein who resigned her 13th District seat in Lexington after being appointed to a judicial position.