Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed December 11, 2013
7th District Election Leans To Republicans
Republican Suzanne Miles of Owensboro held a narrow lead last night over Democrat Kim Humphrey of Morganfield for state representative in western Kentucky's 7th District.
With all precincts reporting, Miles had 3,548 votes to Humphrey's 3,436.
Democratic Party Chairman Dan Logsdon said a recanvass will be requested. The winner will replace Democrat John Arnold of Sturgis.
In Fayette County Democrats have held on to a seat in the state Senate.
Democrat Reggie Thomas will replace former Democratic Senator Kathy Stein who resigned her 13th District seat in Lexington after being appointed to a judicial position.