Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed December 11, 2013
7th District Election Leans To Republicans
Republican Suzanne Miles of Owensboro held a narrow lead last night over Democrat Kim Humphrey of Morganfield for state representative in western Kentucky's 7th District.
With all precincts reporting, Miles had 3,548 votes to Humphrey's 3,436.
Democratic Party Chairman Dan Logsdon said a recanvass will be requested. The winner will replace Democrat John Arnold of Sturgis.
In Fayette County Democrats have held on to a seat in the state Senate.
Democrat Reggie Thomas will replace former Democratic Senator Kathy Stein who resigned her 13th District seat in Lexington after being appointed to a judicial position.