Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Wed December 11, 2013
7th District Election Leans To Republicans
Republican Suzanne Miles of Owensboro held a narrow lead last night over Democrat Kim Humphrey of Morganfield for state representative in western Kentucky's 7th District.
With all precincts reporting, Miles had 3,548 votes to Humphrey's 3,436.
Democratic Party Chairman Dan Logsdon said a recanvass will be requested. The winner will replace Democrat John Arnold of Sturgis.
In Fayette County Democrats have held on to a seat in the state Senate.
Democrat Reggie Thomas will replace former Democratic Senator Kathy Stein who resigned her 13th District seat in Lexington after being appointed to a judicial position.