Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 13, 2009
4 Charged in Calloway Co. Death
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Four Calloway County residents have been charged in the death of 38-year-old Carl Douglas McGowan. McGowan's body was located after family members reported him missing Sunday.
28-year-old Michael Lynch of Murray has been charged with 1st Degree Assault, while 29-year-old Timothy Adams, 18-year-old Tiffany Adams, and 19-year-old Jessica Johnson, all of Murray, have been charged with complicity in the assault.
Family members last saw McGowan last Friday night. A Calloway County Sheriff's investigation found that McGowan had been in the company of two men and two women from Calloway County, and was involved in an altercation with one of the men. An autopsy will be performed today, and the investigation is ongoing.