Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue October 13, 2009
4 Charged in Calloway Co. Death
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Four Calloway County residents have been charged in the death of 38-year-old Carl Douglas McGowan. McGowan's body was located after family members reported him missing Sunday.
28-year-old Michael Lynch of Murray has been charged with 1st Degree Assault, while 29-year-old Timothy Adams, 18-year-old Tiffany Adams, and 19-year-old Jessica Johnson, all of Murray, have been charged with complicity in the assault.
Family members last saw McGowan last Friday night. A Calloway County Sheriff's investigation found that McGowan had been in the company of two men and two women from Calloway County, and was involved in an altercation with one of the men. An autopsy will be performed today, and the investigation is ongoing.