Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
Fri July 5, 2013
2nd Phase Of TN Common Core Training Starts July 9
State education officials are kicking off the second phase of training teachers on how to implement a new set of common core benchmarks for math and reading. More than 30,000 teachers from across the state signed up to be trained in sessions that started last month for math.
The training continues this month with sessions on English language arts implementation. The opening session is Tuesday at 16 locations across the state. The common core standards are described as a set of higher expectations in math and English that include more critical thinking and problem solving to help better prepare students for global competition. Forty-five states and the District of Columbia are adopting the standards.