Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Mon January 7, 2013
2012 Brought More TN Tornadoes
New data shows Tennessee had more tornadoes in 2012 than in previous years. The National Weather Service says 34 tornadoes were recorded across the state last year with 20 occurring in March alone. NWS meteorologist Bobby Boyd says the average year brings 21 tornadoes to Tennessee.
While the number of tornadoes is up, the amount of deaths they cause is down, with only three in 2012. 2011 was the year with the largest number of tornadoes. One-hundred and thirteen were reported, resulting in 34 fatalities.