Most Active Stories
- Why Does Murray Have So Many Banks?
- [Slideshow, Audio] Cleaning Up The Columbia Theatre, A Paducah Treasure
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Wet Vote Wins: Marshall County to Allow Alcohol Sales
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
Wed November 20, 2013
2 Former Oak Grove Policemen Charged in 1994 Murder
Nearly 20 years after two young women were shot and stabbed to death at a Kentucky massage parlor, two former police officers stand charged in connection with their deaths.
Edward Carter and Leslie Duncan are among three men charged in the 1994 slayings at the New Life Massage Parlor in Oak Grove. Carter and an Alabama man were indicted late last week on two murder counts.
Duncan, who has already pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence in the case, is charged with two counts of complicity to murder.
Investigators are being tight-lipped about how the ex-cops are allegedly linked to the slayings. But the woman who once ran the parlor, claims she had been bribing police to allow her to operate what was in essence a prostitution business and that the killings took place after she stopped paying.