Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed July 1, 2009
13-year-old charged with arson
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – A Paducah teen is charged with setting fire to an abandoned city-owned house. On June 14th, firefighters responded to a house fire on Harrison Street and deemed its cause suspicious. The 13-year-old suspect admitted to playing with a lighter inside the home, and other children allegedly witnessed the teen spraying lighter fluid on a mattress and setting it on fire. Police have charged the juvenile with one count of third-degree arson. No one was injured in the fire.