Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Wed July 1, 2009
13-year-old charged with arson
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – A Paducah teen is charged with setting fire to an abandoned city-owned house. On June 14th, firefighters responded to a house fire on Harrison Street and deemed its cause suspicious. The 13-year-old suspect admitted to playing with a lighter inside the home, and other children allegedly witnessed the teen spraying lighter fluid on a mattress and setting it on fire. Police have charged the juvenile with one count of third-degree arson. No one was injured in the fire.