Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed July 1, 2009
13-year-old charged with arson
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – A Paducah teen is charged with setting fire to an abandoned city-owned house. On June 14th, firefighters responded to a house fire on Harrison Street and deemed its cause suspicious. The 13-year-old suspect admitted to playing with a lighter inside the home, and other children allegedly witnessed the teen spraying lighter fluid on a mattress and setting it on fire. Police have charged the juvenile with one count of third-degree arson. No one was injured in the fire.