Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed November 27, 2013
12 KY Counties Receive Tourism Grants
Grants totaling nearly $600,000 will go to help pay for recreational and tourism projects in 12 Kentucky counties.
Governor Steve Beshear announced the Land and Water Conservation Fund grants yesterday and says the Department for Local Government will administer the funds.
Beshear's office the fund is a grant matching reimbursement program for projects such as campgrounds, sports and play fields, swimming and fishing areas, boating facilities and trails.
Local counties where projects were approved for the grants are Christian, Henderson, Hopkins, McCracken and Union.