Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri January 25, 2013
101st Prepares For Deployment
The 101st Airborne Division will hold a color casing ceremony as it prepares another deployment to Afghanistan. The event is scheduled for this afternoon at the sprawling Army post.
The color casing ceremony is the final step of preparing for deployment. The 101st Airborne Division headquarters is scheduled to assume operational control this summer of NATO's Regional-Command East in Afghanistan.
The last time the division held a color casing ceremony was in 2010 before it deployed to Afghanistan.