Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue July 21, 2009
101st General Awards Australian Serviceman Bronze Medal
By Chris Taylor
Fort Campbell, KY – An Australian serviceman was awarded a Bronze Star at Fort Campbell yesterday. 101st Airborne Division Commanding General Jeffrey Schloesser awarded the medal to Australian Major Jason Duggan during a ceremony at the Kentucky army base. Duggan and his task force has served alongside U-S forces in Kandahar, Afghanistan for several months. Schloesser said the support Duggan and his team gave to the 101st's Eagle Assault Task Force was a great opportunity for the two countries. Schloesser also awarded seven Air and 20 Army Commendation Medals for Service to members of Duggan's unit.