Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon August 27, 2012
101st Airborne Soldier Dies in Afghanistan
A soldier assigned to the 101st Airborne Division died Friday in Afghanistan. According to a Department of Defense news release, 20-year-old Pfc. Patricia L. Horne, of Greenwood, Mississippi, died in Bagram. She was a member of the division’s 96th Aviation Support Battalion. The Defense Department did not release cause of death.