Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Wed February 22, 2012
The 101st Airborne Division is Home
For the first time in two years, the entirety of the 101st Airborne Division is on post at Fort Campbell. The return of the last 186 troops of a combat aviation brigade from deployment in Afghanistan marks the first time that all units were on base together since 2010. The news comes as President Obama's plan to withdrawal some 33,000 troops from Afghanistan continues.