Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Protesters Show Up at Home of Hopkinsville Man Who Stepped on Flag
- Matt Bevin Was the Only Republican Candidate for Governor at the ‘Unity Rally’
- Murray State Graduate Establishes Scholarship for Students on the Autism Spectrum
- Consultants: Kentucky Pension System Can’t ‘Invest Its Way Out’ of Crisis
- [Update: Audio Added] 13-Year Cicadas Serenade Parts of Western Kentucky
John McMillen is the Chief Information Officer for Graves County Schools by day and a music junkie by birth. Although he has been associated with the Front Porch since 1996, acoustic, folk and bluegrass are not the only genres of music he calls favorites. "I just enjoy a good song no matter if it is jazz, punk, blues, pop, country, latin, bluegrass, folk or a mash-up of all of the above." He lists as his all-time favorite musical acts as Husker Du, The Descendents, John Prine, Townes Van Zandt, Gillian Welch, Chris Thile, Neko Case, Tim O'Brien, Wilco, Tony Rice, Bill Monroe, Los Lobos, Kate Rusby, Bill Evans, Pedro Infante, Earl Scruggs, Bad Livers and so many many more. John also plays that funky music with Dr. Brad Robertson on The Jive House, Thursday nights at 9 pm on WKMS.
You can view McMillen's musical blog at ujdmc.blogspot.com.