Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Marriott Breaks Ground on Murray Springhill Suites Hotel
- 107 of 138 Kentucky Legislators Support the State’s Same-Sex Marriage Ban
Charles Compton (KPR)
Charles Compton is a 30 year veteran of public radio, who has been news director at WEKU for five years, has won numerous awards for investigative journalism, soft features, science reporting, and newscasts from the Associated Press, the Society of Professional Journalists and Public Radio News Directors, Inc.
As a student-reporter, he was at work at a public radio station in Cincinnati, Ohio when NPR introduced “Morning Editon” to the world. He has since reported for public radio stations in Alaska, Idaho and Washington State. However, much of his career has been in Kentucky where he has reported at four public radio stations.
In 1997, Charles helped launch Kentucky Public Radio’s story exchange, and chaired the KPR Editorial Board when it established a state house bureau in Frankfort.