Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
WKMS Youth Radio Project
The WKMS Youth Radio Project seeks to build a relationship with area kids who have an interest in radio. This project includes youth reporting, like Patrick Jones' interview with Murray State Basketball Coach Steve Prohm, or sound collages of local youth events like a behind-the-scenes scoop of Playhouse in the Park's summer camp production of Disney's Cinderella Kids. You'll find book reviews, commentaries, and other things created by kids, featuring their thoughts and voices. Our hope is to create a virtual community for kids that would be an online showcase of what they're doing in school, in the arts, and beyond in a way that is educational and enlightening.
This project is destined to grow! If your child is interested in participating, or if you are an educator and have great sound you'd like to share, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's a fun tutorial by Radio Rookies, from New York Public Radio:
See more youth oriented programming on WKMS: