Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Logging Expert: Wickliffe Paper Mill Closure a $600M Hit to State Economy
- Chris Thile Plays Benefit Concert at Murray State
- NASA's International Space Station Will Be Visible Tonight
- MSU President Bob Davies Talks Leadership Changes and New Construction at Murray State University
- Kate Lochte Retires from WKMS-FM
WKMS welcomes community members to self-voice self-authored compositions that express opinion, introspection or humor on topics of interest and importance to our audience. If you have an opinion, interest or review you'd like to share with WKMS listeners, please see the guidelines below. The views expressed in commentaries are the opinion of the commentator and don't necessarily reflect the views of WKMS.
The station will review every script before it is recorded with respect to:
- Libel or slander.
- Content that is more promotional than provocative.
- Personal attacks and ad hominem attacks.
- Political or religious content that promotes rather than informs.
- Appropriate usage, language and form for civil discourse.
The station will assist authors with:
- Making appropriate edits.
- Bringing the communication to proper time length, generally about 600 words or 3 to 4 minutes of spoken word.
- Recording the communication in the WKMS studio (unless other arrangements that yield equally acceptable audio are agreed to).
- Editing the communication and placing it in the WKMS schedule.
WKMS will require authors to provide the station a final script that will be filed in the news department and will be placed on the station's web site.
WKMS will need authors to provide a suggested introduction for each communication as well as a standard announcer outro script that includes author name, general place of residence, and whatever other personal information might lend authority or authenticity to the communication.
WKMS will schedule produced communications and inform the author of time(s). Generally these are aired three times each, but the rotation is solely at the discretion of the station.
WKMS will refuse to air communications that violate rules of the Federal Communications Commission for non-commercial, educational stations. Further, WKMS will refuse to air communications that would, for any reason, undermine its goodwill with the audience it serves.
If you find these terms agreeable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time in a studio to record.