Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Sounds Good Wreath Contest
Are you a hero of hot glue? A wizard of wreath-making?
Then become a contestant in...
The 1st Ever WKMS Sounds Good Wreath Contest!
Five finalists win gift certificates, winners receive $$$
Your mission: Create a wreath and submit it to the Circulation Desk at Waterfield Library on Murray State’s campus
Deadline: November 16
Judging: November 17
- Wreaths must be hand-made by the person submitting the entry, and prepared to hang.
- Wreaths must be original, one-of-a-kind designs incorporating some natural materials.
- Five finalists’ wreaths automatically go to decorate Murray Calloway County Hospital.
- All wreaths submitted for judging would be welcome there as well, but you do have an option for keeping your entry if you are not chosen as a finalist.
Wreath Judging Categories:
Prettiest * Most Unusual Materials * Best Represents Region * Most Festive
- 1st Place = $150 cash prize
- 2nd Place = $100 cash prize
- 3rd Place = $50 cash prize
- 5 Finalists receive a $20 gift certificate to Petals & Pots Home Décor in Mayfield
Complete this Entry Form and fasten securely to Wreath:
Title of Your Wreath:
Description of Materials Used:
I want my wreath to go to Murray Calloway County Hospital _____yes_____no
Office use only: Wreath Number __________
Note: No WKMS personnel, professional, intern, or family member may enter. For more information, contact us at 800-599-4737.
Another note: Special thank you to Petals & Pots, Murray State Libraries, and the Murray Art Guild.