Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
Songs We Used To Sing
Underwritten by Margaret Hank Memorial Cumberland Presbyterian Church
Back then, we sang. We sang at school. We sang at recess. We sang on camping trips and at Sunday School. We sang at home, gathered around the piano. We sang while we worked and just because it was fun. And of course, we sang along with the radio. We all knew the words to folk songs, kid songs, pop songs, hymns, funny songs, and the ones our grandmother taught us.
Songs We Used to Sing celebrates that great tradition with two hours of fun and familiar American songs performed by artists across the spectrum of popular music – from Dolly Parton to Pete Seeger, from Bruce Springsteen to Louis Armstrong, from Johnny Cash to Judy Collins.
Your host and producer is Dr. Bob, creator of the Eisenhower Hour and the award-winning Christmas in the Fifties. Songs We Used to Sing returns to WKMS this 4th of July!