Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Juke Joint Shuffle
Juke Joint Shuffle offers listeners a two-hour weekly mix of blues, jazz, rock, World and roots music. John Griffin and Rick Nance co-host this eclectic music program featuring a wide selection of artists from Frank Sinatra to Frank Zappa, from B.B. King to J.J. Cale to Z.Z. Topp. Griffin says, “The name of the show honors older blues musicians who were expected to play anything the juke joint customers cared to hear; not just home-made blues, but all the popular songs of the day. And of course when you hit the shuffle button on an mp3 player, there is no telling what will play next." With their huge music libraries that encompass the World, this partnership of Griffin and Nance means that each week's music often goes in strange and wondrous directions.