Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Jazz With Bob Parlocha
A show about all things jazz. Nationally known jazz expert and former program director and host of KJAZ in San Francisco, BobParlocha pulls from decades of jazz knowledge each weeknight for his program. He got into jazz at a young age, listening to his mother's Count Basie and Duke Ellington records, played tenor and soprano saxophones and flute in bands while in high school, and eventually landed a shift on Dinner Jazz on KJAZ. His credits include the Gil Evans Orchestra at the Pacific Coast Collegiate Jazz Festival, the UC Berkeley Jazz Festival, Oakland Arts Explosion, Jazz at the Palace, Bay Area Jazz Awards, the San Francisco International JKAZ Festival and KJAZ host on the SS Norway Jazz Cruises. He's also a cooking enthusiast.