Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
Intelligence Squared U.S. announces its 13th season of six provocative new debates. The season will cover some of the most pressing issues of last year's Presidential election, with topics from foreign policy, Super PACs, taxing the rich, and the war on drugs. Confirmed debaters include Robert Reich, Glenn Hubbard, Michael Shermer. John Donvan moderates.
"The GOP: Seize the Center or Die?"
Airdate: May 14, Noon
2012 was a disappointing year for Republicans. The failure to win key swing states in the presidential election and surprising losses in the House and Senate have prompted some reflection. Was their embrace of small government, low taxes, and a strong conservative stance on social issues at odds with shifting American demographics? Or did the GOP embrace the right platform, but the wrong candidates?
For: David Brooks, Op-Ed Columnist, The New York Times; Mickey Edwards, Former US Congressman (R) Oklahoma
Against: Laura Ingraham, Host of The Laura Ingraham Show; Ralph Reed, Chairman of Faith & Freedom Coalition