Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Marriott Breaks Ground on Murray Springhill Suites Hotel
Classical 24 with Scott Blankenship
Scott Blankenship started his radio career in college when he began working as a volunteer at a local cable radio station, announcing alternative and new rock music. His love and appreciation of classical music began at public radio station KVNO in Omaha, where he spent 13 years in various on-air and management roles, five of those years as the morning drive-time host.
Indications that radio was in his blood go back to age five, when he used a corkboard and a battered phonograph as a make-shift radio studio, his father's Air Force issue flashlight served as his "on air" light. In his spare time, Blankenship is an avid cyclist and amateur playwright with several produced scripts to his credit.