Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Kentuckians Can Get Protection From Four Flu Strains This Fall
- Paducah Power Board Chair Steps Down as Chairman, Member
- Governor Beshear Signs Law Expanding Incentives for Tourism in Kentucky's Rural Counties
- WATCH: Leonard the Band Sounds Good Live Lunch
- Community Leaders Call for Paducah Power Board Chairman to Resign
Black Cats Jump
Back in the 1980s, The Black Cats Jump was a thirteen part series of hour-long programs on big band music with host Bobby Bryan and co-producer Mark Welch. The series featured some of the great black big band leaders, sidemen, vocalists, and arrangers. The first show aired live on Friday, October 3, 1980. Dr. Todd Hill and Mark Welch revisit the series for special airings Tuesdays at 9 p.m. during Cafe Jazz.
Cafe Jazz hosts George Eldred and Todd Hill talk about the program and how they re-mastered the series with Mark Welch.