Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- Fmr. Maker's Mark CEO: "This Is the First Time That We’ve Had Our Enemies Not Trying to Kill Us"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
Black Cats Jump
Back in the 1980s, The Black Cats Jump was a thirteen part series of hour-long programs on big band music with host Bobby Bryan and co-producer Mark Welch. The series featured some of the great black big band leaders, sidemen, vocalists, and arrangers. The first show aired live on Friday, October 3, 1980. Dr. Todd Hill and Mark Welch revisit the series for special airings Tuesdays at 9 p.m. during Cafe Jazz.
Cafe Jazz hosts George Eldred and Todd Hill talk about the program and how they re-mastered the series with Mark Welch.