Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri October 23, 2009
Zombies Attack Downtown Paducah!
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – Be careful going down Broadway in Paducah tomorrow, you may run into a zombie. A group of local residents is hosting a "Zombie Walk" Saturday evening. What's that, you ask? An international phenomenon, a Zombie Walk is a chance for average citizens to dress up as zombies and march en masse down city streets. Oh, and did we mention it's for charity? Angela Hatton has this interview with organizer Richie Edwards.
Participation in the Zombie Walk is free but canned goods or charitable cash donations are accepted. All proceeds benefit the McCracken County Family Service Society and the Paducah Renaissance Alliance. Area filmmakers will also be on hand to record the event. The walk begins at 5:30 PM at the corner of 9th and Broadway.