Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Fri October 23, 2009
Zombies Attack Downtown Paducah!
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – Be careful going down Broadway in Paducah tomorrow, you may run into a zombie. A group of local residents is hosting a "Zombie Walk" Saturday evening. What's that, you ask? An international phenomenon, a Zombie Walk is a chance for average citizens to dress up as zombies and march en masse down city streets. Oh, and did we mention it's for charity? Angela Hatton has this interview with organizer Richie Edwards.
Participation in the Zombie Walk is free but canned goods or charitable cash donations are accepted. All proceeds benefit the McCracken County Family Service Society and the Paducah Renaissance Alliance. Area filmmakers will also be on hand to record the event. The walk begins at 5:30 PM at the corner of 9th and Broadway.