Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri October 23, 2009
Zombies Attack Downtown Paducah!
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – Be careful going down Broadway in Paducah tomorrow, you may run into a zombie. A group of local residents is hosting a "Zombie Walk" Saturday evening. What's that, you ask? An international phenomenon, a Zombie Walk is a chance for average citizens to dress up as zombies and march en masse down city streets. Oh, and did we mention it's for charity? Angela Hatton has this interview with organizer Richie Edwards.
Participation in the Zombie Walk is free but canned goods or charitable cash donations are accepted. All proceeds benefit the McCracken County Family Service Society and the Paducah Renaissance Alliance. Area filmmakers will also be on hand to record the event. The walk begins at 5:30 PM at the corner of 9th and Broadway.