Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu November 8, 2012
Zay Jackson Could Face a Year in Jail
Murray State Men’s Basketball player Zay Jackson may have serve up to a year in jail after a judge rejected a previous pretrial diversion deal. The Paducah Sun reports Judge Craig Clymer offered Jackson one year in jail on each of Jackson’s two first-degree wanton endangerment charges.
The sentences would be served concurrently. If Jackson accepts the agreement, he’ll be sentenced November 21st. Jackson would also be eligible for shock probation if he accepts. Judge Clymer is serving in a special capacity in Calloway County after Judge Dennis Foust recused himself from the case. If Jackson does not accept the agreement, the case will go to trial.