Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Youth Radio Project
Mon December 3, 2012
Youth Report: LBL Fossil Hunt
Did you know that this region was once part of an ancient body of water called the Western Interior Seaway? A large inland sea pushed countless numbers of fossils into this area in the mid-to-late Cretaceous period. WKMS Youth Reporter Aaron Sikkel went on a fossil hunt at Land Between the Lakes with Naturist Andrea Woody in search for Brachiopods, Trilobites, and other weird looking creatures that called western Kentucky home over a billion years ago.
Special thanks to Aaron’s mom, WKMS Youth Project Volunteer Claire Fuller for coordinating the interview and photos. Learn more about the Youth Radio Project and how your child can participate by emailing at email@example.com.