Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri October 4, 2013
Youth Report: The Importance of the Heart and Keeping It Healthy
WKMS Youth Reporter Rymia Burks recently participated in a Heart Walk at Noble Park in Paducah and had a chance to speak with Dan Bergman, Executive Director of Cardiovascular Service line and CVI at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah, about the importance of the heart and keeping it healthy. He also explains that children can have heart problems, too, and how someone at a young age can prevent problems from becoming potentially life-threatening in adulthood. Special thanks to Rymia's mom, LaDetra Burks for assisting in the production and coordination in the interview. See more about Lourdes' heart & vascular services.