Most Active Stories
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 at 7 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
Fri October 4, 2013
Youth Report: The Importance of the Heart and Keeping It Healthy
WKMS Youth Reporter Rymia Burks recently participated in a Heart Walk at Noble Park in Paducah and had a chance to speak with Dan Bergman, Executive Director of Cardiovascular Service line and CVI at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah, about the importance of the heart and keeping it healthy. He also explains that children can have heart problems, too, and how someone at a young age can prevent problems from becoming potentially life-threatening in adulthood. Special thanks to Rymia's mom, LaDetra Burks for assisting in the production and coordination in the interview. See more about Lourdes' heart & vascular services.