Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue August 26, 2008
Youngest Kentucky Delegate Discusses Obama Versus Clinton Divisions
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – The Democratic National Convention's first night was a memorable one for Graves County, Kentucky native Micah Spicer.
Spicer, who is Kentucky's youngest delegate at 19 years old, says although the convention's opening ceremony revolved around unifying the party, there were obvious divisions surrounding Senators Obama and Clinton.
Many of us in that crowd will still vote for Hillary in the roll call, but what we saw for the first time last night was some people forming some unity in those walls... Obama's presence and his family have give us a good firm foundation and candidate to run in the November election," Spicer said.
Clinton is the convention's keynote speaker on Tuesday night. Spicer believes that at that time she will formally release her pledged delegates to vote for Barack Obama.