Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri April 12, 2013
Yarmuth: sequester hurts business
Kentucky U.S. Congressman John Yarmuth says the 85-billion dollars in cuts that have been imposed as a result of the federal budget sequester will hurt private business. The Jefferson County Democrat says seven of the nine largest employers in his district rely to a significant extent on business from the federal government. Yarmuth spoke Thursday during a meeting of the house budget committee. The acting director of the White House office of Management and Budget told the panel the sequester is likely to cost hundreds of thousands of jobs.